This role is for a pragmatic and visionary individual with a clear sense of direction for how Impact Hub Boston can create tangible impact for our local communities while growing revenues and profitability. You will be in charge of both the long-term strategy and day-to-day operation of Impact Hub Boston.
ABOUT IMPACT HUB BOSTON
Impact Hub Boston is a community and place that pursues a more just and sustainable world where business and profit are used in service of people and planet. We inspire, connect, and enable people and organizations to fuel entrepreneurial action. We hold the values the values of community, inclusivity, justice, authenticity, and courage.
We turn ideas into action, and intention into impact. We provide access to a supportive community with resources, connections, knowledge, talent, and investments. We create places and opportunities for purpose-driven people to connect and build solutions for a better world.
Impact Hub Boston is part of a global network of over 100 Impact Hubs across the globe, representing more than 50 countries and 17,000+ ‘changemaker’ members. Impact Hub Boston is currently housed within the Boston campus of CIC (a sister organization to Impact Hub Boston) with coworking space, private offices, and event space in the heart of downtown Boston.
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This role drives the work of making Impact Hub Boston the place where people engaged in social impact work learn from, connect to, and gain inspiration from each other. This role supports the entire Impact Hub Boston community, working within the larger framework of the global Impact Hub network. The Director reports to the board of Impact Hub Boston, and currently has four direct full-time reports as well as managing contractor relationships that support finance, billing, and other temporary/periodic functions.
The successful applicant for this role bring with themselves the vision, capabilities, and track record needed to expand Impact Hub Boston’s impact in new directions. The general responsibilities fall into four themes:
- 1. Strategy & Leadership
- 2. Operations
- 3. Finances
- 4. Impact
Learn more & apply at the link!
- • Passion for our mission to inspire, connect, and enable people and organizations to fuel entrepreneurial action for a better world,
- • 7+ years of work experience; 4+ years in a senior role and management position with 3+ direct reports,
- • 2+ years managing a P&L, with a record of success in managing budgets and demonstrating significant growth; a thorough understanding of financial management and management principles and techniques,
- • Proven experience with business scaling; enthusiasm for strategic planning, growth, and expansion,
- • Knowledgeable and passionate about Boston’s (or of a comparable urban area’s) diverse communities and neighborhoods, and the local challenges and issues that face those communities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- • Has an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; has a strong affinity with and dedication to our mission and values; and wants to build a force for good, excited about enriching how we operate,
- • Believes in team and community as sources of strength,
- • Brings knowledge and experience of the social enterprise sector and a high-level understanding of sector trends and opportunities,
- • Is invigorated by the chance to innovate, comfortable with ambiguity and can move forward (and bring others along!) in the midst of changing circumstances,
- • Has a strong appetite for networking, relationship building, and public speaking,
- • Wants to grow Impact Hub Boston and its impact, and grow with the organization, for the next 5+ years.