The DCU FinTech Innovation Center is a dedicated resource providing seed-stage FinTech startups with what they need for success: mentorship, workspace, a professional network, and community.
Member companies are generally in the product/market fit stage of development and benefit by the assistance, partnerships and FinTech ecosystem the Center offers. With an extensive network into the community, the Center can provide member companies with direct support and expertise.
Member companies in the space focus on AI/Machine Learning, Blockchain, Contextual Banking (Chatbot, Voice, Etc), Credit Ratings, Cryptocurrency, Data & Analytics, Digital Currency, Financial Education, Financial Health, Mobile Banking, Online Lending, P2P, Payments, Personal Finance, Robotics/Process Automation, and more.
The Innovation Center startups collaborate with each other and are also members of the Workbarcoworking network, with access to shared office space and a community of connected professionals across the state.Candidates:
Ideal candidates for membership are small, pre-seed to seed-stage startup teams of 2-5 people focusing on FinTech. Startups must be developing a digital product rather than providing services (RIAs, consulting services, development services, etc.).
Qualifying startups must have less than $1MM in funding at the time of acceptance and be developing a financial technology product or selling into the financial services market. Startups must also have a minimum of one founder headquartered at the Center.Classes:
The Center accepts 2 classes per year. Classes start in Summer and Winter and applications are due in Spring or Fall.
Benefits of Membership:
- Guaranteed one-on-one time with DCU’s SVP of Innovation, along with office hours
- Connections to other leaders and resources at DCU
- Access to the center’s network of partners and affiliates
- Streamlined pilots, where applicable
- Connections to a national consortium of credit unions
- Resources and know-how that startups will need to sell into large financial institutions
- Member of FinTech community of startups
- Member access to events and programming in the space
- Free office space for 1 year
- Secure 24/7 office access in 24/7 doorman building
- Meeting room usage
- Printer/copier services
- Shared kitchen
- Access to Workbar’s other 15 coworking spaces
- $100,000 in web hosting credits from Google Cloud Platform
- $100,000 in Amazon Web Service Credits for one year or $10,000 for 2 years
- 90% off HubSpot for Startups
- Quovo Catalyst Program
- + more