This Free event will include:
- hands-on workshop to customize clothing using computer-aided design with vinyl and laser cuts,
- one-hour Brick & Mortar info session with the City of Boston's WE BOS organization, and
- panel discussion with Boston's leaders in fashion and design including:
- Final Touch Boutique a family-owned retail store in Dudley Square,
- MadeINcuabtor Boston's first Fashion-based incubator program,
- Pink Shoe Lounge a Dorchester based retail store for women,
- Claude Michelle a Boston-based designer, and others.
Here's the agenda for the night:
- 5:00PM: Registration & Networking
- 5:30PM: Laser & Vinyl Design Workshop (RIC & Q Made It)
- 6:30PM: Brick & Mortar Info Session (City of Boston/WE BOS)
- 7:30PM: Panel Discussion (Haris Hardaway, Taneshia Camillo-Sheffey, Linwood Fashion Group (2), Frank Rivera)
Register for this FREE event here.
About the Roxbury Innovation Center:
Roxbury Innovation Center (RIC) was created through a public-private partnership with the City of Boston and Venture Café Foundation, our mission is to support local economic development, in Roxbury, by empowering and guiding innovation and entrepreneurship, as viable career options. Since opening in late 2015, RIC has provided a diverse variety of resources for small business owners of all stages and industries, through instructional workshops and courses, networking events, and office hour mentorship.
About WE BOS:
WE BOS unifies and supports all women entrepreneurs, from startups to home-based businesses to the established brick-and-mortar mainstays of Boston’s neighborhoods. By expanding the economic potential of women entrepreneurs, together we ensure that our City is the best it can be. Read Complete Article