Uber is changing how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
The Strategic Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber's platform. This is critical as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs, and streamlining processes associated with our local operations. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to support to our very valuable driver-partners.
Uber is generating vast amounts of data in every one of our cities every day. We use this data to inform everything we do: ensure balance in the marketplace, deploy incentives and promotions, understand customer behavior, and more. The role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive analysis on important decisions that inform key business initiatives, including marketplace balancing efforts, promotion targeting decisions, customer engagement programs, and more
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting at city-level, regional, and mega-regional levels
- Collaborate with other city and central operations teams, as well as marketing and product teams, to ensure that insights inform broader strategic initiatives
- Develop analytical frameworks, build models, and present findings to support the company in decision-making
- Support centralized product and feature rollouts, incorporating the local nuances of our city
- Analyze the impact of cyclical ridership trends on partner earnings and driving patterns in smaller markets, e.g. college markets, beach destinations, etc.
- Launch new products like uberPOOL, leveraging understanding of pricing, customer behavior, nuances of geographic area, and other relevant factors.
- Coordinate with public affairs team to quantify impact of potential regulations on local operations.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent Excel and data analysis skills, SQL is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership on projects and initiatives at your organization
- Attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity in an ever-changing environment
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Comprehensive and affordable benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Gym and phone reimbursement plan
- Employees receive credits each month to use on rides or on UberEATS
- Opportunity to directly impact your city by supporting Uber's mission at a local level.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.