The Capital Network is a non-profit (501c3) organization that provides practical, hands-on education and personalized mentoring to help early stage entrepreneurs master the entire funding process and successfully raise seed capital & beyond. The Program & Marketing Manager position is a unique opportunity to get involved in the Startup Ecosystem and interact with some of the most active investors, entrepreneurs, accelerators and community organizations in Boston and beyond. As the Program & Marketing Manager, you will report to the Executive Director. You will be in charge of designing, implementing and executing all of the curriculum and events for The Capital Network. You’ll bring together investors, experienced entrepreneurs, and industry champions to provide high-quality programming, content, and education to entrepreneurs in the Boston area.
We are looking for someone with an itch to create – there is an opportunity to create fresh programming and new connections, and we need someone who has the drive and creativity to build upon the existing community and grow it to a whole new level. We’re also looking for someone committed to bringing in a more diverse set of entrepreneurs and investors, and support various initiatives and partnerships to create greater inclusion of female founders and founders of color. TCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Creating content and programming for workshops, all-day boot camps, student events, and other programming for entrepreneurs
- Fostering relationships with community partners, including investment groups, co-working spaces, other educational organizations and other members of the ecosystem
- Building and maintaining relationships with local colleges and universities
- Securing relevant, impressive, and surprising speakers
- Preparing speakers for events by helping with content creation and prep calls/meetings
- Managing execution, logistics, and production of events
- Creating and publishing event-related content
- Heavily promote The Capital Network and our programs at every opportunity, across all social media channels & in-person events
- Work with staff and advisors to define the larger growth strategy
- Collect and manage feedback from our community and stakeholders to continuously improve our programs and uncover new opportunities
- Participate in strategic planning
- Assist with creation, conception, and execution of marketing campaigns to support TCN & various partnerships
- Research and present potential sponsorship opportunities
Preferred but not required:
- A general understanding of the fundraising process for early stage entrepreneurs
- Experience building and executing curriculum-based programs
- WordPress & design experience
To apply email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org :
Please send us one-page cover letter telling us about yourself by answering these questions:
- Why Us & Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at The Capital Network in particular.
- Why You: Tell us why you are the right match for this position.
- Name an event you would create that would fit in with the Capital Network’s mission and benefit entrepreneurs.
Please be sure that the cover letter is no longer than a single page. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.