Do you love startups and innovation in general? Do you have exceptional organizational skills and event planning experience?
We are a dynamic non-profit startup working at the intersection of entrepreneurship and innovation, and we are seeking an Events Coordinator. Reporting to the Director, this new team member will assist in all areas of speaker and exhibit logistics as well as day-of event management for a weekly mini-conference that attracts tens of thousands of attendees annually.
- Coordinate end-to-end event logistics (pre-event, onsite-logistics, and post-event) for a variety of session types (roundtables, panels, presentations, hackathons, alliance events, etc.).
- Manage event inquiries, data collection, and communication with programming partners and speakers throughout the entire event planning process.
- Manage the “exhibit” program for organizations and startups that participate during events.
- Communicate with programming partners, speakers, and sponsoring organization to plan the scope and format of sessions and to convey procedures, event timeline, and post event assessments. As the face of Venture Café this responsibility includes communicating the philosophy of Venture Café and the parameters of hosting sessions on the Venture Café platform.
- Arrange the audio-visual equipment, signage, and other event needs.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with our guidelines, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
- Maintain records and event performance metrics to inform decision-making.
- Support event marketing including digital and social media tactics.
- Support content planning for small and large-format events.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Event Planning, Project Management knowledge strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of meeting, events, and sponsorship management principles.
- Familiarity with Boston’s entrepreneurship – innovation ecosystem is preferred.
- Skilled in event planning and management tools.
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and time-management skills.
- Skill in making effective and timely decisions.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in meeting and event management including onsite logistics experience and speaker engagement.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work with all forms of technology.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others.
- Ability to interact pleasantly and positively with others to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
- Ability to work after hours for our weekly event held on Thursdays.
Interested and qualified candidates must include a cover letter highlighting their experience as it relates to the position as well as examples of events managed in the past.
Qualifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org