We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Integrations Team at Datadog builds open-source software to connect with the vast ecosystem our customers use. The team instruments everything from programming languages to OS counters to databases to cloud providers, and creates tools to make it easy for external contributors to create integrations.
Easily configurable integrations are a key part of why our customers love Datadog. As Engineering Team Lead for the Integrations team, you’ll manage a distributed team of talented engineers who will expand our scope of integrations to include everything developers use to build modern software—from the latest technology to tried-and-true workhorses. You will work with product managers to decide which integrations will be built by the Integrations team, and work with a community of open-source developers as they contribute to our ecosystem.
- Manage the engineers on the team, developing their skills and helping advance their careers
- Build the open-source tools that connect cutting edge, industry leading software to Datadog
- Ensure the team consistently ships high quality code and architecture
- Run a lightweight agile process to pace and track what we work on and deliver
- You have been building applications for 4+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have managed a team of software engineers
- You excel with several low-level and scripting languages
- You have a track record of open source contributions
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You are a master at Python, Java, C++ or Go
- You have mastered Linux, from the system to the libs to the common apps
- You have mastered the art of managing a remote team
- You have development experience on Windows
- You have development experience on Unix OSes
Is this you? Let's chat!