The Community Manager is a Boston-based position. The manager will oversee all aspects of mentorship, judging, and community activation for the accelerator. This is a business-critical role that represents MassChallenge Boston in the wider community and among leading experts and specialists. This individual will be a connector and facilitator who helps MassChallenge Boston activate its expert community and support our startups. The manager will report to the Program Director and will work closely with other members of the Program Team to deliver a successful accelerator program for all key stakeholder groups. This is an exciting time to join our team as we’re growing and bringing in new perspectives to help continue to accelerate startups in Boston.
What You’ll Do:
- Community Activation
- Activate the MC community to identify and cultivate key stakeholder groups to support our startups across industries and functions.
- Navigate and build connections throughout the Boston business, investor, and support organization communities as a representative of MC Boston.
- Organize and execute activities and events to expand our stakeholder community, promote engagement between various stakeholders, and create connection opportunities for our community.
- Represent MassChallenge Boston in the community via events and other strategic opportunities.
- Mentorship Program
- Develop, in coordination with the Program Director, all aspects of accelerator mentorship and investor relations. Ensure that, as the MassChallenge Boston program continues to evolve, it continues to deliver top-tier mentorship and expertise for our startups.
- Recruit experts from the startup community to join the MassChallenge mentor network.
- Interview, select and analyze the composition of the expert group, to increase fit and satisfaction with our startup cohort on an annual basis.
- Manage the process of introductions between startups, investors, and the wider mentor community.
- Act as a liaison between the expert community and other stakeholders. Match startup funding needs to experts and investors in our global network.
- Engage high-level experts and mentors in our community and act as a concierge for their needs. Establish relationships and manage expert, judge, and mentor engagements.
- Develop and support MC Boston community initiatives such as Industry Champions.
Judging & Selection:
- Design and engage our Judging community. Identify the best judges, as well as their fit for various judging opportunities.
- Support all aspects of MC Boston Judging through each round of judging during application and program. Execute on all rounds of judging throughout the MassChallenge Boston program including. coordinating and scheduling all startup and judge panels.
- Manage and support all site logistics, planning, and team coordination
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, industries, and regions around the world. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, Texas, and the UK; and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact - driving growth and creating value the world over.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Impact Now: Think big, act big, know that you can change the world.
- Be Genuine: Give trust and earn respect.
- Help Entrepreneurs Win: Startups first in every facet of our business.
- Team Up: Work together, empower your teammates, laugh often.
- Own It: Celebrate wins; embrace failures; this is how we learn together. Be at cause.
- Benefits of Working at MassChallenge
Working at MassChallenge will give you unparalleled, significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, employees:
- Get direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries
- Get direct access to the world's best startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more
- Learn how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries
- Take ownership over significant and strategically important projects for a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
How to Apply:
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at MassChallenge and why you are a perfect match for this job.
Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in community management and program operations
- You hold a bachelor’s degree, required for this role.
- Documented strengths in meaningful relationship building, management, and growth.
- A consummate networker who is able to move comfortably and credibly in the entrepreneurial community. Bonus points if currently are or have been a successful entrepreneur!
- Understanding of the entrepreneurial journey and challenges faced by startups. Ability to match resources and experts based on these challenges.
- A professional, hands-on, resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time. Execution-oriented.
- Enjoy working in a fluid, dynamic organization with a minimal amount of direction yet with a willingness to be led, and comfort with situational leadership.
- Ability to think creatively developing fun, engaging and innovative strategies and ideas.
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate MassChallenge core values, value proposition, and key messages.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate innovation and strategy trends, with the ability to leverage existing relationships.
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail and very strong ability to prioritize and manage time well.
- Exemplary skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel required.