Benefits for selected teams:
- Up to $20k equity-free for your venture
- $2,000/month for each MIT student for living expenses
- Dedicated desk space all summer
- Mentorship and resources to develop your skills and ideas
- Pitch to investors at Demo Days in Boston, NYC, and SF
The MIT GFSA takes the best teams with an interesting idea or proof of concept focused on creating impactful, innovation-driven startups. Teams are chosen from across MIT’s schools as well from select global university partners.
Selected teams make significant progress towards identifying their beachhead market, building the right product and securing initial customers or partners so that they are ready to hit escape velocity by Demo Day.
Throughout the three summer months of MIT GFSA, founders are granted a monthly stipend, allowing them to make a full-time commitment to working on their ventures. In addition, each team has the opportunity to earn up to $20,000, equity free, based on its progress against monthly milestones. This fuels team development and give then the resources they need to accelerate their startups.