We are in the midst of a historic rise in urbanization. By 2050, 60% of the world's population will be living in cities. This growth was entirely unpredicted, and in many ways our aging cities are unprepared, as they continue to face crucial challenges related to aging infrastructure, affordable housing, income inequality, and environmental degradation. However, in unexpected places, and in unexpected ways, cities are innovating and evolving to keep up.
Using a lightning talk format, we'll hear from 5 innovators across industries solving for these very challenges. Speakers to include:
- Nigel Jacob - New Urban Mechanics
- Shan Jiang - Tufts Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning
- Christopher Scranton - Jobcase
- Rebecca Wolfson - Boston Cyclists Union
- Annie LaCourt - Visual Government
Co-sponsored by Tufts Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, Tisch College of Civic Life and Office of Alumni Advancement