ENET's panel of legal experts will discuss fundamental legal issues that founders and executives of early stage companies must address to insure vital protections and the building of value. These issues are compounded by changes in technology, commerce, and the law.
- What is the preferred form of entity and where should it be established?
- What is the preferred method to protect the company's Intellectual Property by use of various forms of patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secrets, either alone or in combination?
- How should founders' equity be apportioned through stock options and what restrictions should apply?
- What compensation and benefits should be included in employee agreements including consideration of Non - Disclosure Agreements, the changing environment for Non - Compete Agreements, as well as Assignment of Invention Agreements?
These issues and their benefits and pitfalls will be discussed and presented with you, the business professional, in mind.
- 6:30-7:30 PM - Registration & networking
- 7:30-7:40 PM - ENET Chairman's announcements
- 7:40-7:55 PM - eMinute - Up to 3 Startup companies’ presentations
- 7:55-8:45 PM - 3 expert speakers on the night's topic
- 8:45-9:00 PM - Audience / Speakers Q & A
- 900-930 PM - Final networking includes meeting presenting speakers
A question and answer session follow the presentation, and panelists will be available afterwards for responses to individual questions. As with every ENET meeting you will also get the chance to network with the panelists and other meeting attendees, both before the start of the meeting and afterwards.