In celebration of International Women's Day, the Wakefield Human Rights Commission will be hosting a discussion with inspiring women who will talk about their lives, career paths and how they are engaged in making the local region a better place for all.
This event is geared for all ages!
- Marian Ryan, Middlesex County District Attorney
- Bobbi Gibb, the first woman to have run the entire Boston Marathon
- Mimi Lemay, Transgender rights advocate, author of forthcoming memoir
- Karen Burke, District Director, Melrose Wakefield Saugus Veteran Services, Lt. Colonel-Retired from the United States Air Force
- Lauren Donati, Owner/Head Baker, The Bread Shop
- Dr. Astrid Kruse, Veterinarian, VCA Wakefield Animal Hospital
Moderator - Maria Muti, member Wakefield Human Rights Commission
Special performance by She Major - Wakefield Memorial High School's all-female contemporary a cappella group of the Wakefield High School Choral Department.