Whether your startup is pre-revenue or already thriving in the world, great tax and financial planning can save your business thousands in both the short term and long term. Often overlooked, these areas can help you preserve and grow wealth for decades to come. As part of District Hall's "How to" Workshop series, we have partnered with Greg O'Brien and Aaron McFadden to bring you an informative workshop where they will discuss:
- Key differences, benefits and consequences of entity selection and conversion in the wake of tax reform and the preferred vehicles for venture capitalists and investors
- Major tax credits and deductions for startups and how to leverage these to grow your business
- Major red flags the IRS are on the lookup for
- How to implement alternative retirement savings strategies through your business that will help you save while reducing taxes
- Ideas and strategies to save and grow your wealth even as a cash-strapped entrepreneur
- How to begin protecting your wealth and assets planning for an eventual exit and sale of your business
Space is limited. Registration required.
9:30-10:00AM Q&A and Networking session
10:00AM Event concludes
About the Speaker:
Greg O’Brien, CPA, MST specializes in working with entrepreneurial clients who own startups and small businesses, and individuals growing into more complex tax and financial issues. His experience includes advanced tax planning and preparation for a wide array of individuals, startups and not for profits. Also, he specializes in helping startups implement proper systems and ensure their accounting and financial statements are accurate as they rapidly grow.
He graduated from Bentley University in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2011 with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and went on to receive his Master's Degree in Taxation from Bentley. His professional experience includes working for public accounting firms as well as in privately held companies.