Master a proven framework for building and financing new ventures, make your entrepreneurial dreams a reality, and speak the language of the start-up world.
Entrepreneurship Essentials introduces you to the entrepreneurial journey, from finding an idea, to gaining traction in the marketplace, to raising capital for your venture. You will learn an overarching framework—People, Opportunity, Context, Deal—to evaluate opportunities, manage start-ups, and finance ventures. That framework has been taught to thousands of Harvard Business School MBA students over the past 30 years.
This course explains how entrepreneurs run structured experiments to validate ideas and refine business strategy. You will dive deep into the numbers behind how entrepreneurs and their investors make financial decisions to create value and grow their operations. Whether you are a current or aspiring entrepreneur, or someone who is looking to gain an understanding of how businesses are built, you will walk away from Entrepreneurship Essentials with the ability to:
- Identify an opportunity
- Evaluate an idea and assess the market
- Appreciate the risks and rewards of entrepreneurship
- Leverage experiments to validate your idea and refine your business strategy
- Discover the key financial decisions any entrepreneur must make in the early stages of a new venture
- Understand the process of raising capital and how to speak to investors
- Learn from successful entrepreneurs and leading venture capitalists, as well as peers