It takes hard work and vision to create a successful business, and the SCORE Boston Startup Bootcamp is a good place to start.
The SCORE Boston Business Startup BootCamp provides an overview of what you need to consider when you are planning to start a new business. It is designed to help you go from business concept to "opening the doors".
If you have not done so, and are interested, there is still time to sign up for the May workshop, which is this Thursday, May 17th. The Workshop starts at 8:45AM and ends about 3:00PM, and consists of two sessions.
The Morning Session is a 3 hour interactive presentation, given by experienced SCORE counselors in each of the areas discussed. This session will give youu a clearer understanding of what is necessary to run a business.
Key Topics include:
- Entrepreneurship: is it for you?
- Is your business concept reasonable?
- What is a business plan? How to decide if you need one? And key items to include.
- Building your financial plan and options for financing your busines
- Key questions about finding customers - how you'll makret your business to get sales
- What business structure should you select?
- What advisors do you need?
- Other resources available to you.
The Afternoon Sessions are small roundtable discussions led by SCORE counselors, in which you can talk about the issues you are facing and get ideas how to solve them
Note: Please note that there is a $20.00 per person registration fee. Advance registration and payment by a credit card or through Pay Pal is required.
Scholarships are available if the registration fee presents a hardhsip. Please send an email to Shankar Hegde stating the reason you would like to apply.
Coffee and pastries are provided.